Massage Work History
Ama Dawn Greenrose is currently accepting new clients into her private practice, Healing Body Well, in Anchorage, AK, which she opened in 2011 (previously in Berkeley and San Francisco, CA since 2002). She is a Therapeutic Massage Instructor at Alaska Career College. She continues to offer massage and leads workshops for Camp Tawonga's (Groveland, CA) various Family Camp Weekends, and for Grief and Growing (Santa Rosa, CA).
In California, she teamed up with Mark Haviland (Beyond Bodywork, San Francisco) for Health Education Talks and Workshops, and with Uma Kahn (Growing Still, Oakland) to host Wellness Retreats, involving yoga, massage and meditation classes, hot tub soaking, inspiring indoor and outdoor activities, and community cooking.
She has also worked for medical oncologist, Dr. Garrett Smith, in his Golden Gate Center for Integrative Cancer Care (now Smith Integrative Oncology, San Francisco), as a referral for UCSF OB/L&D for pregnant women on bed-rest, as a referral for Acupuncturist Amy Lee, L. Ac. (V+Berkeley), and for three chiropractors, Dr. Sally MacNeill (Oakland), Dr. Rabbonni Tacusalme at Axis Chiropractic (San Francisco) and Dr. Chris Amore (San Francisco - now retired), and for 2 day-spas, Therapeia and Sunset Sauna and Massage (San Francisco).
Education Updates coming. From most recent (1790 Classroom Hours)
The Foundation for Human Enrichment, Dr. Peter Levine's work, Berkeley, CA. 24 Hours. 5/10
- Intermediate II Training Workshop in the Somatic Experiencing Method of Traumatic Resolution with Ariel Giarretto.
The Institute of Integral Health, Berkeley, CA. 16 Hours. 5/10
- The Berry Method of Corrective Massage - Shoulder Class with Lynda Caesara.
2nd Oncology Massage Healing Summit, Bloomington, MN. 20.5 Hours. 4/10
- Assorted classes and teachers - to be added (12.5 Hours)
- Gentle Techniques for Working with Mastectomy Scars and Adhesions (TA) with Jamie Elswick (8 hours)
Integral Anatomy Productions and Somanautics Workshops, San Francisco, CA. 42 Hours. 4/10
- 6-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshop with Dr. Gil Hedley
The Institute of Integral Health, Berkeley, CA. 16 Hours. 2/10
- The Berry Method of Corrective Massage - Wrist Class with Lynda Caesara.
The Foundation for Human Enrichment, Dr. Peter Levine's work, Berkeley, CA. 24 Hours. 1/10
- Intermediate I Training Workshop in the Somatic Experiencing Method of Traumatic Resolution with Ariel Giarretto.
The Institute of Integral Health, Berkeley, CA. 16 Hours. 1/10
- The Berry Method of Corrective Massage - Elbow Class with Lynda Caesara.
The Institute of Integral Health, Berkeley, CA. 16 Hours. 11/09
- The Berry Method of Corrective Massage - Ankle Class with Lynda Caesara.
The Institute of Integral Health, Berkeley, CA. 16 Hours. 9/09
- The Berry Method of Corrective Massage - Knee Class with Lynda Caesara.
The Foundation for Human Enrichment, Dr. Peter Levine's work, Los Angeles & Berkeley, CA. 72 Hours. 6, 7, 10/09
- Beginning I, II & III Training Workshops in the Somatic Experiencing Method of Traumatic Resolution with Dr. Larry Heller, Ariel Giarretto and Raja Selvam.
Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 16 Hours. 5/09
- Gentile Mobilization of Scar Tissue for the Post-Mastectomy and Radiation Client (Advanced) with Jamie Elswick.
California Massage & Bodywork Convention, San Francisco, CA. 20 Hours. 3/09
- Oncology Massage Part I with Johnette du Rand Kelly (6 Hours).
- Healing Therapy with Crystal Singing Bowls with Elivia Melodey (2 Hours).
- Ampuku Psoas Releas with Teri Rogers (8 Hours).
- The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage & How it relates to Reproductive and Digestive Health with Donna Caire (4 Hours).
- Palpatory Anatomy of the Belly: Digestive System and Applications to Digestion with Marty Ryan.
Graduation from Oncology Massage: Blending East with West Certification Program at the Massage Therapy Institute (MTI) in Davis, CA. 300 Hrs. 11/08
- This 300 hour program is the only comprehensive oncology massage program approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE) in California, and one of the few programs in this modality that exist in the United States.
- Required classes: Oncology Massage 1, Oncology Massage II, Oncology Massage III, Cancer Basics, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Klose Training & Consulting MLD Certification, Vodder technique; Oncology Massage Clinic, Oncology Massage Externship and Project, Pathology.
- Prerequisites were: completion of an approved Certified Massage Therapist program, and completion of Massage for People Living with Cancer©
Love Your Guts Seminars, San Francisco, CA. 24 Hours. 9/08
- Palpatory Anatomy of the Belly: Fascial Architecture and Applications to Fascia, Fluid, and Energy with Marty Ryan.
Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 24 Hours. 5/08
- Gentile Mobilization of Scar Tissue for the Post-Mastectomy and Radiation Client with Jamie Elswick.
Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 32 Hours. 5/08
- Oncology Massage Clinic with Isabel Adkins.
Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 40 Hours each. 11/07
- Acu-Oncology III: PTSD and II (Review) with Isabel Adkins.
NHI, Emeryville, CA. 19 Hours. 8/07
- Massage for People with Cancer (Review) with Gayle MacDonald.
Oncology Massage Healing Summit, Mercy College, Toledo, OH. 9.5 Hours. 5/07
- Healing the Scars of Cancer with Jamie Elswick (2.5 Hours).
- Hospice Based Massage Therapy with John Mramor (1 Hour).
- Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy with Charlotte Versagi (1 Hour).
- Wake Up Your Spirit – Eastern Approaches with Sandy Canzone (3 Hours).
- Reviewing Research on Massage Therapy and Cancer with Tracy Walton & Cynthia Meyers (1 Hour).
- Massage Therapy for Breasts Affected by Cancer Treatments with Debra Curties (1 Hour).
Klose Training and Consulting, Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 45 Hours. 4/07
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD, Vodder Technique) with Rene Janiece.
Massage Therapy Institute, Davis, CA. 24 Hours 11/06
- Cancer Basics with Isabel Adkins & Connie Kishbaugh.
Healing Journeys, San Francisco, CA. 14 Hours 9/06
- Cancer as a Turning Point: From Surviving to Thriving.
Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA. 66 Hours. 3 & 5/06
- Acu-Oncology I and II with Isabel Adkins.
Body Therapy Associates, El Cerrito, CA. 32 Hours. 4/06
- Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy with Carole Osborne-Sheets.
The Doula School, Oakland, CA. 48 Hours. 3-5/06
- Birth and Postpartum Doula with Treesa McLean and Elizabeth Green.
American Massage Therapy Association National Convention, Albuquerque, NM. 16 Hours. 9/05
- Breast Massage I with Debra Curties & Pamela Fitch (4 Hours).
- The “Invisible” Diseases with Ruth Werner (4 Hours).
- Seated Myofascial Techniques for Head & Neck Pain with Bob King (4 Hours).
- Preventing Repetitive Stress Injuries: Body Rolling with Yamuna Zake (4 Hours).
Massage Therapy Foundation, Albuquerque, NM. 20 Hours. 9/05
- Highlighting Massage Therapy in CAM Research Conference.
Massage Works of Evergreen, Inc., San Francisco, CA. 21 Hours. 6/05
- Repetitive Use Injury Therapy - Muscle Release Technique with Michael Young.
Center for Mind-Body Medicine, Berkeley, CA. 47 Hours. 3/05
- CancerGuides with Jim Gordon & others.
McKinnon Institute, Oakland, CA. 24 Hours. 2/05
- Reflexology with Karl Johns & Paula Koepke.
CPMC Institute of Health and Healing, San Francisco, CA. 19 Hours. 9/05
- Massage for People with Cancer with Gayle MacDonald.
Dr. Vodder School - North America Berkeley, CA. 80 Hours. 5 & 6/04
- Dr. Vodder Method of Manual Lymph Drainage: Basic Course and Therapy I with Gay Lee Gulbrandson and Linda Blanchfield.
The Scherer Institute of Natural Healing, Santa Fe, NM. 50 Hours. 3 & 5/04
- Oncology Massage Intensive: Eastern Medical Perspective with Sandy Canzone .
National Holistic Institute, Emeryville, CA. 720 Hours. 1-10/02
- Massage Therapist and Health Educator. Letter of Excellence. Graduate with Honors.
Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT. 5/97
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Sociology.
- Semesters abroad in Israel, TAU-OSP, 1-6/95 and Ghana, West Africa, SIT, 1-5/96.
Ama began to walk, ski, swim and do gymnastics all at about the same young age. Years of playing soccer and ultimate frisbee have confirmed her love affair with competitive team sports and the joys of small group interaction.
She loves the natural wonders of the great outdoors, hiking, plunging in the ocean (brrr!) and hot springs, music, dancing, festivals, sharing, learning, eating and having fun with friends.